Welcome to Nelson, Wisconsin!!
In 1844, an English fur trader, James Nelson settled at the mouth of the Chippewa River. Other settlers soon followed and the town of Nelson’s Landing was established in 1884. Nelson’s Landing quickly became a popular stopping place for loggers and river travelers.
Today the town of Nelson (formerly Nelson’s Landing) lies along the Great River Road Scenic Byway, Wisconsin Highway 35, in the heart of Buffalo County. In 2012 the Great River Road was declared the “prettiest drive in the nation”. Nelson is centrally located between historic towns, wildlife areas, family destinations, and a variety of outdoor activities.
Historic towns along the Great River Road offer shopping, casual and fine dining. As well as wineries along the Great River Road Wine Trail. Within a short driving distance there are five golf courses, many public boat launches for both the Mississippi and Chippewa rivers, the Chippewa River State Trail, the National Eagle center, and Buena Vista Park which offers panoramic river views from atop a 500 foot bluff.
Nelson’s Landing RV park is located in the heart of Nelson below the majestic Mississippi river valley bluffs and within walking distance of many amenities. There are sites available for the seasonal camper as well as daily, weekly, and monthly reservations. The park offers nearly one hundred newly landscaped RV sites featuring city sewer, water, and electric spread amongst 26 lush acres.
Nelson’s Landing RV Park offers:
- Level sites with gravel pad & full hookups
- Large green space between sites
- Pull-through sites available
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Seasonal sites available
- Free Wi-FI
- Coin operated laundry
- Private shower/bathroom/dressing rooms
- Pet friendly
- Part of the Good Sam network
- Emergency weather shelter
- Picnic tables & fire rings included
- Thousands of new tree and shrub plantings
- Half mile to the Mississippi River with multiple boat landings close by
- Walking distance to the Nelson Cheese Factory and other amenities such as Twin Bluff Café for breakfast and more. See our Local Attractions page.
- For reservations or any questions please call William (507) 884-5017 or Cecilia (507) 993-7478.